Lauren Semple - for the future we need





Today, I’m happy and honoured to offer my unqualified endorsement to Lauren Semple for the Federal NDP nomination to the Nanaimo-Ladysmith ballot this fall.

I have worked with Lauren in the community for 4 years now and I have only known her to be a tireless and fearless advocate on human rights and worker rights.

In my background in the labour movement, Lauren and I share a similar vision of ‘what we demand for ourselves, we wish for all.’ As Lauren is the past President of Nanaimo Pride Society, this extends to all corners in our society as she championed the cause for equality; for women, for LGBTQ folks, justice for First Nations and many other marginalized peoples.

Voters have stark choices to make in the 2019 election. Voting for Lauren Semple is a vote to defend our coast, champion fair taxes and adequate housing.

With the same old corruption, the same old pandering to the 1%, the same old catering to Howe/Young Street while ignoring the main street and our neighborhoods, we cannot continue choosing from the same old red/blue parties and expect a different result.

Jack Layton warned us as much.

I have been active in the NDP since 1995 and have seen the world change. Lauren is the future of the NDP and the future of Canada. I urge NDP members and supporters to vote for Lauren at the nomination meeting.

I know I certainly will.

Peter Kelly
Local union activist and Dad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Predictable, but sickening nonetheless: BC Liberals tap dance on fuel price.

No Keith. Do not play the #bothsides card